Perceptions on Islam and Muslims - A study of the UK population
I S L A M I C E D U C A T I O N & R E S E A R C H A C A D E M Y
Please take time to go through the survey done by a dawah org called IERA from London. The survey was done amongst the non-Muslim population in United Kingdom.
The survey was conducted through a professional agency and it was ensured that the people who did the survey were Non-Muslims to ensure honesty and candidness.
Highlights of the survey:
- 80% had less than very little knowledge about Islam
- 95% had come into contact with the Bible
- 20% had come into contact with the Qur’an
- 93% had very little knowledge or no knowledge at all about the Qur’an
- 40% did not know who Allah is
- 36% did not know who the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was
- 61% did not respond positively when asked about the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)
- 27% had negative perceptions regarding Muslims.
- 75% believed Islam and Muslims had provided a negative contribution to society.
- 32% believed that Muslims are a major cause of community tension.
- 2% responded positively concerning perceptions about Islamic law.
- 76% did not agree to the statement that Muslims positively engage in society.
- 71% of all participants did not agree that the media is negatively biased towards Islam and Muslims
- 63% did not disagree to the statement that “Muslims are terrorists”
- 70% did not disagree with the statement “Muslims preach hatred”
- 94% did not disagree with the statement “Islam oppresses women”
- 86% did not disagree with the statement “Islam is outdated”
- 85% did not disagree with the statement “Islam is irrational”
- 73% did not disagree with the statement “Islam cannot positively contribute to modern society”
- 71% did not agree with the statement “Muslims are peaceful”
- 72% did not agree with the statement “Muslims are law abiding”
Please do read the recommendations given by the organization at the end of the survey.
If a similar survey was done in our country, I believe the results will be no different from above.
May Allahu Azza wa jal help us to work for His deen! Ameen!