Dawah (Invitation to Islam) can sometimes feel like a challenge. It can be hard to begin a conversation and once started, it can be difficult to continue it.
Keeping this in mind, we present Dawah Samples with the following objectives:
01. To help Muslims initiate a Dawah conversation with a non-Muslim and continue it to convey the message of Islam
02. To teach Muslims how to give Dawah using simple and day to day examples
The scenarios are based on real life conversations with non-Muslims
Things to Remember:
- The Daees (people who do dawah) are requested to use their own words when using the examples and points in the conversations and not just learn the dialoguesby heart.
- The Daees can choose points and examples given in the different scenarios and use it in their conversations.
- It is not necessary that Daees should use all the points given in a scenario in only one meeting / conversation.
- The replies from non-Muslims may vary in real life conversations. Therefore, Daees are encouraged to increase their knowledge about Islam to be able to appropriately respond to replies and answer questions from non-Muslims.
General guidelines for Daees:
We must never forget when giving Dawah our only responsibility is to convey the message of Islam.We should always do this with the utmost respect for people and the faith they have. Almighty God tells us in more than one place inthe Quran the manner we should adopt while giving dawah.
Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.
So by mercy from Allah, [O Muhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you.
And speak to him with gentle speech that perhaps he may be reminded or fear [Allah].
These are words of Wisdom from our Creator which we must always bear in mind when giving Dawah.
We ask Allah that everyone benefits from these Dawah Samples insha Allah (God willing).